Financial Planning Specialist
Do you want to build on your skills and experience and help maximize clients’ financial well-being? Looking for a firm that provides a home, not just a job? Are you looking for a firm that will listen to your career aspirations and offer training and support to help you reach your goals?
Altfest Personal Wealth Management, a leading independent wealth management firm, is seeking a highly capable, hard-working Financial Planning Specialist to help Financial Advisors formulate and implement investment and financial planning advice. This role is designed with an emphasis on career growth within our financial planning support team.
This would be a great next step in your career if you:
- enjoy supporting Financial Advisors, feel stagnant and have limited opportunities for growth
- are a recent MBA graduate with a quantitative background and are interested in Wealth Management as a career
- are a Paraplanner with your FPQP and are hungry to move your career forward
Duties and Responsibilities
As a member of a client advisory team, you will provide:
- Client Service: Actively support 2-3 advisors with technical financial planning work tied to client’s objectives
- Financial Plan Creation: Based on a client’s goals and circumstances, assist in the creation of custom financial plans that address questions such as at when a client can retire with financial security
- Investment Portfolio Creation: Assist in the review of a client’s current investments and objectives, create a picture of their current portfolio composition and, within the firm’s guidelines, help create a custom portfolio that the firm will manage
- Specialization: Grow into being a specialist and leader in a niche area of investments or financial planning. You may participate on one of the firm’s committees that cover a segment of the investment universe or a specific area of financial planning.
- 2+ years Finance experience (wealth management experience a plus)
- Passing the exam for (or already holding) a CFP, CFA, CPA, or FPQP designation, a strong plus
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or related areas
- Ability to value customer service as highly as financial returns
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, takes initiative
- Team player, collaborative, able to work with and through others
- Organized and able to set priorities
- Of the highest integrity
- Provides strong, personalized, and proactive care for clients
- Desire/ability to work successfully in a small company environment
Salary & Benefits
Compensation Range: $80,000-$105,000 (excluding potential incentives). This is the pay range the Company believes it will pay for this position at the time of this posting. Consistent with applicable law, compensation will be determined based on the skills, qualifications, and experience of the applicant along with the requirements of the position, and the Company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time
Generous benefits include Fully Paid Medical Plan (with no in network co-pays or deductibles), Dental, Vision, Life and AD & D, Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability FSA, Traditional and Roth 401(k).
Altfest Personal Wealth Management is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lewis Altfest, Ph.D., CFA, CFP®, CPA, PFS, founded the firm after leaving Lord Abbett & Co, a large mutual fund company where he was a Partner and Director of Research. Lew has been named repeatedly to Barron’s “Top 100 Independent Advisors” as well as Barron’s state-by-state listing of “America’s Top 1,200 Financial Advisors”, among many other acknowledgements.
Karen C Altfest, Ph.D., CFP® joined the firm in its early years and has had a strong impact on its growth. Karen oversees the firm’s marketing activities and has made a profound impact by dedicating herself to the empowerment of women. Among her acknowledgements, Karen has been recognized by Forbes as a “Top Women Wealth Advisor” by Forbes from 2017-2022, as well as a Forbes “Best-in-State Wealth Advisor” from 2018-2022. She has also been featured in Crain’s New York Business’ list of “Notable Women in Finance” in 2018 and 2019.
Andrew Altfest, MBA, CFP® has spearheaded several initiatives to expand the firm since joining in 2003, including organizing different practice groups focused on client segments, launching private equity solutions, and directing the firm’s Young Professionals group. He is also an active member of Altfest’s Investment Committee and the Portfolio Action Group, which sets investment strategy for client portfolios. Andrew was named a “Best-In-State Wealth Advisor” by Forbes in its 2018-2022 rankings, as well as a Young Advisor to Watch by Financial Advisor in 2020. He also was included in Forbes’ list of America’s Top Next-Generation Wealth Advisors in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
The firm’s culture is very collegial with a family atmosphere where we care for our employees. Our team is very analytical, hardworking and yet looks to develop new ideas that will help it sustain and accelerate our growth into the future. Crains New York Business ranked Altfest Personal Wealth Management as a Best Place to Work in NYC in 2020 and again in 2022.