The Financial Advisor helps formulate and implement investment and financial planning advice, helps to manage existing client relationships and participates in new business development activities. Note: This is not a sales position.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a member of one of our three client teams, a four person team at the firm that works with about 200 clients, you will provide:
- Client Service: Actively support clients under the Team Leader.
- Financial Plan Creation: Based on a client’s goals and circumstances, create financial plans that address questions such as at when a client can retire with financial security.
- Investment Portfolio Creation: Review a client’s current investments and objectives, give a client a picture of his or her current portfolio composition and within the firm’s guidelines create a custom portfolio that the firm will manage.
- Relationship Management: Help manage a number of the team’s client relationships, advising clients under the firm’s principal while being supported by other members of the team.
- Specialization: Be a specialist and leader of a practice group working with one segment of clients.
- Investment Coverage: Participate on the firm’s investment committee and cover a segment of the investment universe.
- Business Development: Help foster relationships with other professionals such as Accountants and Attorneys that lead to the acquisition of new clients.
- Experience in Financial Services (Wealth Management Experience a plus)
- CFP / CFA / CPA or have passed the exam for the designation a strong plus
- Bachelors’ degree from an accredited university with a high GPA
- Impressive standardized test scores
- Strong Financial Planning and Wealth Management interest, acumen and judgement
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to simplify difficult financial concepts to educate a less experienced audience
- Detail-oriented, self-starter, take initiative
- Team player, collaborative
- Organized and able to set priorities
- Of the highest integrity
- Maintain a “client-first” mentality
- Desire and ability to work successfully in a small company environment
Submit your application below, or click here to e-mail Holly Goldin.