Altfest Personal Wealth Management, a leading independent Wealth Management firm, is seeking a highly capable, hardworking Technology Associate to provide general technical support, system administration, helpdesk support, real-time troubleshooting and overall service technical orchestration. The Technology Associate will be responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software and network related issues in collaboration with outside network consultants. Additional responsibilities include helping to plan and orchestrate the firm’s technology plan, in addition to managing the firm’s ECM & CRM systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with end users and resolve day-to-day break/fix issues, including:
- Control user access and provide password resets
- Troubleshoot printer & scanner issues
- Diagnose and resolve connectivity issues
- Troubleshoot various browser issues to ensure a smooth web experience
- Diagnose and resolve hardware and software problems
- Train new hires and staff on internal systems and procedures
- Facilitate video conferencing
- Function as Technology Expert
- Research emerging technologies that will improve system functionality
- Provide software and hardware recommendations that will improve system performance
- Propose and implement system enhancements that will improve reliability of systems
- Liaise with Technology Consultants to resolve system issues
- 3–5 years technical support and networking expertise
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Highly motivated, hard-working self-starter
- Willingness and ability to work flexibly and diligently
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills,
- Detail-oriented, self-starter, takes initiative Team player, collaborative, able to work with and through others
- Accurate, organized, able to set priorities
- Of the highest integrity
- Ability to explain and teach technical concepts to a non-technical end user
- Undergraduate degree with high grades
- Strong standardized test scores
- Experience with Laserfiche & Salesforce technologies is preferred
Salary and Benefits
Compensation includes salary plus incentive based on experience and industry standards.
Generous benefits include: Fully Paid Medical Plan (with no in network co-pays or deductibles), Dental, Vision, Life and AD & D, Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability FSA, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
Altfest Personal Wealth Management, founded in 1983, is a pioneer in the fee-only Wealth Management movement. Fee-only means that the firm receives fees only from its clients and not from commissions and the sale of products, which can otherwise lead to conflicts of interest.
The firm provides clients with investment management, retirement planning, insurance, tax and estate advisory.
Altfest Personal Wealth Management is dedicated to putting clients’ interests ahead of its own, hiring highly talented people who work as a team to develop the best strategies for clients, utilizing internal experts that sub-specialize in a variety of technical areas and client segments, providing a personal, warm caring atmosphere and a high level of service for clients, and introducing innovative methods to the profession that increase the value provided to clients.
The firm was recently named in The Financial Times’ “FT300” – a listing of the nation’s top 300 Retirement Investment Advisors for 2017.
Lewis Altfest, Ph.D., CFA, CFP® founded the firm after leaving Lord Abbett & Co, a large mutual fund company with over 100 billion in assets under management, where he was a Partner and Director of Research. Lew has been named to Barron’s “Top 100 Independent Advisors” as well as Barron’s state-by-state listing of “America’s Top 1,200 Financial Advisors” as #51.
Karen C Altfest, Ph.D., CFP® joined the firm in its early years and has had a strong impact on its growth. Karen oversees the firm’s marketing activities including a very successful program for affluent women. Karen was recently featured in Forbes’ first-ever list of “America’s Top Women Advisors” – she ranked #17 out of 200.
The firm’s culture is very collegial with a family atmosphere where we care for our employees. Our team is very analytical, hardworking and yet looks to develop new ideas that will help it sustain and accelerate our growth into the future.
Altfest Personal Wealth Management is an equal opportunity employer.