Sales & Event Manager
Altfest Personal Wealth Management has an exciting new opportunity for a Sales & Event Manager to continue the growth of one of New York’s leading Fee-only Independent Wealth Management Firms. The Sales & Event Manager role requires someone who is a results-driven, highly motivated, proven self-starter who possesses integrity, a strong work ethic, a history of success and demonstrates the desire to market services that help others plan for, and protect, their financial futures. The ideal candidate is effective in originating new business and developing lasting relationships, while possessing a combination of well-honed skills, contacts and clients to consistently bring assets of $1M+ to Altfest.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Sales & Event Manager role is responsible for marketing Altfest’s Financial Planning and Investment Management Services to qualified affluent prospects. This is accomplished with a multi-pronged approach:
- Making outbound inquiries to members of various professional organizations that the firm has partnered with. This includes approaching professionals to engage Altfest to handle their Wealth Management needs throughout their entire career life-cycle.
- Targeting “Centers of Influence” directly, or via professional associations, attending specific industry events, and other means. These COIs will be valuable in referring potential clients to Altfest.
- Executing a successful business development plan to gather significant assets for the firm.
- Handling inbound inquiries from prospective clients, developing rapport, understanding their needs, qualifying them as leads, providing initial insight, explaining the Altfest service offering and subsequently converting them into clients through consistent interactions.
- Participate with a professional marketing team to plan educational events for existing and prospective clients.
The Sales & Event Manager role assumes total ownership of the new business cycle from initiation to closing.
- Identify, engage, and convert opportunities and prospects into clients.
- Effectively and efficiently create, build, and manage a pipeline.
- Forecast opportunities based on patterns, trends, market intelligence, and other factors.
- Maintain a clear understanding of key metrics, report them on a timely basis and use them to continuously improve results.
- Provide continuous, up-to-date recording and reporting of activities and opportunities, activities, and results.
- Manage multiple points of contact within each prospective opportunity with a clear understanding of the key decision maker(s) and appropriate steps to close.
- Categorize and group prospects and create tailored actions/responses/plans for each.
- Draw upon past/present experiences and relationships to develop markets and build upon them to sustain long-term relationships.
- Evaluate “open” opportunities and effectively prioritize them (A prospects, B prospects, C prospects).
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of and intimacy with, Altfest- its services and solutions, and its industry.
- Maintain a keen understanding and knowledge of each prospect’s circumstances, needs, and motivations, and secure their business.
Applicants should have all of the following:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience, preferably in Wealth Management or a relevant field.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Graduate degree (MBA, etc.) and professional designation (CFP®, CFA, etc.) are a plus.
- Strong desire and demonstrated ability to identify, qualify, and pursue new business opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication abilities, with well-honed presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to gain respect and trust from a broad group of constituents.
- Build continuous business relationships naturally in an engaging way within variety of settings, and develop them into opportunities that come to fruition.
- Demonstrated track record in prospect engagement, pipeline management, and opportunity conversion.
- Proven experience in leveraging relationships and gaining trust internally and externally.
- Engaging, proactive, motivated and assertive personality.
- Proficiency with tools (CRM, Outlook, Word, etc.) including on remote devices.
- Of the highest integrity with unquestioned ethics.
- Willingness to travel as necessary to meet with prospects and participate in events.
Salary & Benefits
Compensation includes salary plus incentive based on experience and industry standards.
Generous benefits include: Fully Paid Medical Plan (with no in network co-pays or deductibles), Dental, Vision, Life and AD & D, Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability FSA, Generous Profit Sharing Plan, Traditional and Roth 401(k), up to $400 for gym reimbursement.
For consideration, please email a resume and cover letter a must expressing your interest and why you should be considered to: HGoldin@Altfest.com
Altfest Personal Wealth Management, founded in 1983, is one of the pioneers in the fee-only Wealth Management movement. Fee-only means that the firm only receives fees from its clients rather than from the sale of products and commissions, which can otherwise lead to conflicts of interest. The firm is dedicated to being client first, which means: putting clients’ interests ahead of its own, hiring highly talented people who work as a team to develop the best strategies for clients, and to utilizing internal experts that specialize in a variety of technical areas and client segments. We are committed to providing a personal, warm and caring atmosphere for our clients, offer a high level of service, and introduce innovative methods to the profession that increase the value provided to clients.
The firm provides clients with investment management, retirement planning, insurance, tax and estate advisory.
Lewis Altfest, Ph.D., CFA, CFP®, founded the firm after leaving Lord Abbett & Co, a large mutual fund company with over 100 billion in assets under management, where he was a Partner and Director of Research.
Karen C Altfest, Ph.D., CFP®, joined the firm in its early years and has had a strong impact on its growth. The firm has been in a growth trajectory and manages more than 1 billion dollars.
The firm is very collegial and has a family atmosphere where we care for our employees. Our team is very analytical, hardworking and in some ways traditional, yet looks to develop new ideas that will help it sustain and accelerate growth into the future.
Altfest Personal Wealth Management is an equal opportunity employer.