Client Administration Associate
Altfest Personal Wealth Management, a leading independent Wealth Management firm, is seeking a highly capable, hardworking Client Administration Associate to perform a variety of operational tasks, including providing support to Financial Advisors. You will set up and maintain client accounts, compile and complete client, custodian and firm paperwork; and review and maintain client transactions and activity. The Client Administration Associate also may be involved with the execution of several firm-wide projects.
This position is on an Operations career track and has significant upward potential over time. Our formal training program ensures the growth of our Client Administration Associates and supports their continuing progress at the firm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Client Account Administration: Handle trading and portfolio reporting. Work with clients and their custodians to open accounts and deposit and transfer funds.
- Investment Portfolio Creation: Review client’s current investments and objectives. Provide the client with a picture of his/her current portfolio composition. Create a custom portfolio within the firm’s guidelines which the firm will manage
- Work closely with clients and custodians to execute operational requests for new accounts, asset transfers, and other account related tasks
- Assist the firm’s Operations Manager in maintaining portfolio accounting and trading systems, and the CRM.
- Serve as a liaison between Advisors and clients, and communicate with them both verbally and in writing
- Manage selected projects ensuring tasks are complete and done on time
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or a related field with high grades
- 1+ years of related experience
- Some finance experience
- Focus on Wealth Management as a career
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Detail-oriented, self-started, takes initiative
- Team player, collaborative, able to work with and through others
- Accurate, organized, able to set priorities
- Of the highest integrity
- Maintain a “Client-first” attitude
- Desire and ability to work successfully in a small company environment
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation Range: $60,000 to $80,000 (excluding potential incentives). This is the pay range the Company believes it will pay for this position at the time of this posting. Consistent with applicable law, compensation will be determined based on the skills, qualifications, and experience of the applicant along with the requirements of the position, and the Company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time.
Generous benefits include: Fully Paid Medical Plan (with no in-network co-pays or deductibles), Dental, Vision, Life and AD & D, Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, FSA and Generous 401(k) match and Traditional and Roth 401(k).
Altfest Personal Wealth Management is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Altfest Personal Wealth Management, founded in 1983, is a pioneer in the fee-only Wealth Management movement. Fee-only means that the firm receives fees only from its clients and not from commissions and the sale of products, which can otherwise lead to conflicts of interest. The firm provides clients with investment management, retirement planning, insurance, tax and estate advisory.
Altfest Personal Wealth Management is dedicated to putting clients’ interests ahead of its own, hiring highly talented people who work as a team to develop the best strategies for clients. We utilize internal experts that specialize in a variety of technical areas and client segments, and are dedicated to providing a personal, warm, caring atmosphere and a high level of service for clients. We are committed to introducing innovative methods to the profession that increase the value we provide to clients.
The firm is proud to be honored by InvestmentNews as one of the “75 Best Places to Work for Financial Advisers” nationwide in 2020 and 2019.
Altfest Personal Wealth Management has been named one of AdvisoryHQ’s “Top Rated Financial Advisors in New York City” in 2018, 2019 and 2020. Crains New York Business also ranked Altfest as a Best Place to Work in NYC in 2020 and again in 2022.
Lewis Altfest, Ph.D., CFA, CFP®, CPA, PFS, founded the firm after leaving Lord Abbett & Co, a large mutual fund company where he was a Partner and Director of Research. Lew has been named repeatedly to Barron’s “Top 100 Independent Advisors” as well as Barron’s state-by-state listing of “America’s Top 1,200 Financial Advisors”, among many other acknowledgements.
Karen C Altfest, Ph.D., CFP® joined the firm in its early years and has had a strong impact on its growth. Karen oversees the firm’s marketing activities and has made a profound impact by dedicating herself to the empowerment of women. Among her acknowledgements, Karen has been recognized by Forbes as a “Top Women Wealth Advisor” by Forbes from 2017-2022, as well as a Forbes “Best-in-State Wealth Advisor” from 2018-2022. She has also been featured in Crain’s New York Business’ list of “Notable Women in Finance” in 2018 and 2019.
Andrew Altfest, MBA, CFP® has spearheaded several initiatives to expand the firm since joining in 2003, including organizing different practice groups focused on client segments, launching private equity solutions, and directing the firm’s Young Professionals group. He is also an active member of Altfest’s Investment Committee and the Portfolio Action Group, which sets investment strategy for client portfolios. Andrew was named a “Best-In-State Wealth Advisor” by Forbes in its 2018-2022 rankings, as well as a Young Advisor to Watch by Financial Advisor in 2020. He also was included in Forbes’ list of America’s Top Next-Generation Wealth Advisors in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
The firm’s culture is very collegial with a family atmosphere where we care for our employees. Our team is very analytical, hardworking and yet looks to develop new ideas that will help it sustain and accelerate our growth into the future.